silica hotel vs the retreat

There is no such thing as a "slow" time of day for them. As I mentioned before, there are two different places to stay on site while at The Blue Lagoon: The Retreat or Silica Hotel. That's service. Most campsites are closed in winter, nights could be msierably cold, condensation could make eberything inside the vehicle damp, and taller vehicles are very vulnerable to sudden wind gusts on icy roads. I never suggest anyone even drive a regular vehicle that time of year unless they are an Expert Arctic winter driver. I am taking my SO to (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? I still want to try and hire a 4x4 as my main goal is to stay flexible and see/photograph the Northern lights. Our top recommended travel insurance companies for Iceland are: For more information, read our article on why you need to book travel insurance for your next trip! There are regular bus shuttles between the airport and the Silica Hotel. This is a major bummer not only because you traveled 40-minutes from Reykjavik for nothing, but also because you get to stare at the lagoon but not go in! Transformative elements. Replication can only be made with prior agreement by quoting the source with a link to the site, whether it's text, picture or video. I think planning the Golden Circle and Jkulsrln and back in 3 days in winter is ambitious, but possible if weather and road conditions cooperate. and our ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-105369089', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Fosshotel Blue glacier. Open daily from 9am to 10pm, the hotel's private Silica Lagoon offers in-water massages and two types of bench treatments. Hotel 360 looks nice but I am not sure I can get to it during winter). Day 2: drive along route 1 towards Jokularson and see the stuff along the route. It is a little pricey. Or just focus on the South East drive and spend last day in the Retreat. The Luxury admission is very much not worth the money, you can save yourself a few hundred dollars on that right off the bat, in case you were considering it. I saw a few of those few years back in March and they looked so cosyI wanted the flexibility to hunt for the northern lights but I suppose I could do it with the car just the same. Silica Hotel vs The Retreat 2 years ago Save How do the two hotels compare? I am taking my SO to (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? The 4000sq-m spa is at the heart of the hotel, connecting the Retreat hotel to the public lagoon. The mineral-rich blue waters of the lagoon and Iceland's beautiful landscape are an attractive combination you cannot miss. Our 17 Favorite Spa Resorts Around the World, 8 Beautiful Hotel Pools You Can Only Find in Europe, The Best Time to Visit Iceland: A Guide for Every Season, Adjacent to the famous Blue Lagoon and its spa, Stunning landscape of mountains and lava flows, Understated rooms have patios with incredible views, Guests must walk to dining (only breakfast is on-site), No in-room tea- or coffee-making facilities. We spent the morning drinking tea on our balcony, soaking in the unique and serene mossy landscape. It is built into the cliff so it features a natural lava wall and the view overlooks The cheapest price for a room in Gunzenhausen found in the last 7 days is $32/night. Day 2: drive along route 1 towards Jokularson and see the stuff along the route. Premium entry to the Blue Lagoon is included with your stay. (aside from their price difference). And there aren't many nice hotels (from looks of it) until closer to skaftafell/jokulsarl on road 1 from what I gather. I wonder if we can make the Golden Circle and then do the South East drive (weather-permitting) in 3 days. Silica Hotel. Again: A Camper in March is a horrible idea. Silica Hotel vs The Retreat 2 years ago Save How do the two hotels compare? HubPages is a registered trademark of The Arena Platform, Inc. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. Hotel guests are given premium entry, which means you dont have to wait in line with all the other tourists. (aside from their price difference) I read that Silica's lagoon is more private and The Retreat's can get very crowded. I assume you are experienced drivers on potentially icy roads in strong winds, will monitor weather and road conditions frequently and stay put if there are weather warnings or closed roads. We spent 10 days road tripping through the south of Iceland, battling hectic weather conditions, hiking snow-covered mountains and exploring various tourist hotspots. I still want to try and hire a 4x4 as my main goal is to stay flexible and see/photograph the Northern lights. We arrive 11am on Day 1 and I thought to take the route up towards Gullfoss and down on Road 30 and stay first night somewhere around road 30 or 1 (need to find a place. more. a week, 3 days, 30 minutes? Correction: I may have to rethink the campervan idea in march as it might not be very safe. X, Vanessa. Limited access to the public lagoon is included, but it's a walk to all the main facilities from the hotel. This was a tricky one since we did not rent a car. In any case, I will probably have to pick/reserve hotels on route (and hope I can make it to them otherwise it will be expensive). I am a keen photographer so I do ned to plan extra time for photo stops. Iceland is part of the European Schengen zone, which typically provides 90 days of free entry every 180 days to visitors from many countries. A lot of people dont actually realise that the Blue Lagoon is located very close to Keflavik International Airport. I would not recommend camping in winter, unless you have Arctic winter camping experience and have contacted the campsite to verify that they are open. The landscape was like nothing Ive ever seen before. I am taking my SO to (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Location of Silica Hotel Blue Lagoon Iceland. You likely won't forget this stay. Book spa treatments maybe and walk around hotel grounds (if they have any). Or just focus on the South East drive and spend last day in the Retreat. TheSilica Hotelis located down a gravel road, a little more than a half-mile (about onekilometer) from the Blue Lagoon resort. Steam billows from the rugged landscape all around the hotel, which was built on an old lava flowdown a gravel road from the main Blue Lagoon resort. The lagoon is in fact not natural, and was caused by a man-made structure for excess water from the power . 28 Feb-1 Mar (1 night) Lava Deluxe Price from USD 607 Mountain Deluxe Price from USD 655 Silica Deluxe Price from USD 655 Lava Restaurant Culinary classics. (aside from their price difference) I read that Silica's lagoon is more private and The Retreat's can get very crowded. When I turned up for breakfast the next morning, there were a lot of people in the hotels lagoon. Your plans will depend on the weather and road conditions. A free continental breakfast is included, and is served in a bright lounge with a coffee machine. Basically, you lie on a floating bed in the warm milky blue geothermal waters, while the therapist massages mineral-rich oil all over your body. We literally had the entire place to ourselves for at least an hour before one other couple joined us. High ceilings with slatted wood frames and big picture windows combine with a spare decor composed of woodfurnishings imported from Norway. Arrive at The Retreat blue lagoon in late afternoon. How do the two hotels compare? Experience the landscape of the Reykjanes peninsula. Wall mounted flat-screen TVs come standard along with mini-fridges, but there are no tea kettles or coffeemakers. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-105369089', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Fosshotel Blue glacier. What's the West coast like? If youre planning a trip to Iceland, the Blue Lagoonis sure to be high on your list of must-see places. Full hour-long massages can be takenin-water, while floating gently on a rubber mat. Most review of each are fabulous, but with The Retreat being SO much more expensive I wonder if it's THAT MUCH better?? Combining sublime comfort at Silica Hotel and classic Icelandic cuisine at Lava Restaurant, this overnight experience opens a world of radiant wellbeing. Any thoughts on the two hotels mentioned? Both options include admission to the lagoon and round trip bus fare to and from the Blue Lagoon from the airport, or from Reykjavik, the busiest tourism city in Iceland. No, that's not a joke. If you do plan to go NL hunting on your own at night, make sure to scout out safe (and official) places to park in daylight. Cookie Notice I think planning the Golden Circle and Jkulsrln and back in 3 days in winter is ambitious, but possible if weather and road conditions cooperate. From culinary journeys to extended holidays, our exclusive offers and special events will elevate your Silica experience. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-105359385', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Iceland for 3 nights beginning of March and last night I wanted to stay somewhere special and want to make the right choice. Would it not be worth it renting a small 4WD camper thingy just in case the weather might be reasonable (and book hotels along the route in case it is not). Silica Hotel and Retreat Hotel are the two . Explore the volcanic phenomena at Blue Lagoon's doorstep. If you buy something through our links, Oyster may earn an affiliate commission. I am familiar with the weather changes but perhaps was lucky then. Thanks. All rights reserved 2018-2023. To receive our articles and reviews straight to your inbox Subscribe Here. Read more about Iceland before you go! The picturesque landscape of lava fields surrounding the lagoon only compounds the irresistible draw for many tourists when they visit the beautiful island country. a week, 3 days, 30 minutes? Here are 9 reasons why I think a nights stay at the Silica Hotel is totally worth it. We arrive 11am on Day 1 and I thought to take the route up towards Gullfoss and down on Road 30 and stay first night somewhere around road 30 or 1 (need to find a place. 11. The Arena Media Brands, LLC and respective content providers to this website may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. The Silica Hotel is a short walk from the Blue Lagoon with breathtaking views of the moss covered lava fields. Be sure to check the EU Schengen website for the latest information for your specific country. Quartz as it is in rocks or as grains of sand e.g. book flight now or wait until Efling Strike is over? Again: A Camper in March is a horrible idea. We used the private lagoon for hours up until it closed at midnight, and went to the larger public lagoon earlier in the day using the two included Premium admission passes. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-105369751', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');flight home. It is just so unique. It is a one-time experience worth paying for, but repeats are totally not necessary. The food at LAVA was absolutely amazing. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Enjoy the robe, the flip flops, the included drink at the swim-up bar in the lagoon, and the included silica and algae masks. I never suggest anyone even drive a regular vehicle that time of year unless they are an Expert Arctic winter driver. Does this look realistic? Silica Hotel has several rooms that are wheelchair accessible and equipped with roll-in showers. Sunset over the lava field walking to the Blue Lagoon from the Silica Hotel. Alternatively, you may use. What's the West coast like? The staff are very helpful and very friendly, and the private lagoon is very relaxing. I personally stayed in Iceland for eight days and seven nights, with my last night at the alluring Silica Hotel; a luxury hotel only a 5-minute walk away from the Blue Lagoon via a path through the surrounding moss-covered lava fields (a beautiful walk, especially at sunset, by the way). Hilton Munich Airport is the nearest with a distance of 0.1 mi from this airport. While traveling, our number one tip is to use a free Charles Schwab Debit Card which gives unlimited worldwide ATM Fee Refunds and the true exchange rate. For the Northern Lights, plan to visit between November and April, or between June through August for the longest days. In any case, I will probably have to pick/reserve hotels on route (and hope I can make it to them otherwise it will be expensive). We even woke up early and used the private lagoon one more time before heading to the airport. Silica Hotel vs The Retreat 3 years ago Save How do the two hotels compare? How do the two hotels compare? If you want to go ahead and try for both the Golden Circle and Jkulsrln with the time you have I would do the cave tour and start driving South on arrival day and plan the Golden Circle for day 3. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-105369089', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Fosshotel Blue glacier. Did I mention a staff member will gladly bring you beverages (including alcoholic) right to you in the private lagoon? They would then make use of the hotels lagoon the next morning after breakfast. You get access to the blue lagoon, which ticket is it more comparable to? I am a keen photographer so I do ned to plan extra time for photo stops. We noticed that most hotel guests visited The Blue Lagoon in the afternoon after they checked in. Some of the best reviewed hotels and accommodation in Reykjavik are: AirBnB is also a great option in Reykjavik and you can save $45 using our link to sign up! Free! Never just stop by the side of the road, people have gotten killed that way, because the next driver didn't see them in the dark. (aside from their price difference) I read that Silica's lagoon is more private and The Retreat's can get very crowded. Silica Hotel Grindavik, Reykjanes Peninsula, Iceland 1 Rm, 2 Guests See All Grindavik Hotels Overview Full Review Photos Room Rates Amenities Map Pros Adjacent to the famous Blue Lagoon and its spa Stunning landscape of mountains and lava flows Private geothermal bathing pool Understated rooms have patios with incredible views I am taking my SO to (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? They have a 4-course tasting menu which changes daily and features traditional Icelandic dishes. (aside from their price difference) I read that Silica's lagoon is more private and The Retreat's can get very crowded. Free! Take all of that stress off the table and purchase your passes in advance. I assume you are experienced drivers on potentially icy roads in strong winds, will monitor weather and road conditions frequently and stay put if there are weather warnings or closed roads. I did the South East route a few years back by myself and it was very memorable (also in March but it may have been later in March). more, You seem to have JavaScript disabled. The hotel's 35 rooms come in single or double varieties, with hardwood floors and a simple decor in shades of light blue and gray. That way you have a buffer day and you could just leave it out if there are weather problems. I am a keen photographer so I do ned to plan extra time for photo stops. This rate is available with Ferienwohnung Nfelt. How do the two hotels compare? There are a lot more tourists in Iceland than I expected so being able to relax in the hotels lagoon without too many other people around was definitely one of the highlights. The Blue Lagoon is on just about every person who visits Icelands wish list. That being said, travelers deciding on the best time to go should consider what theyre hoping to do and see. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. If you want to go ahead and try for both the Golden Circle and Jkulsrln with the time you have I would do the cave tour and start driving South on arrival day and plan the Golden Circle for day 3. The four-pearl Silica Hotel is the lodging for the famous Blue Lagoon,surrounded by a dramatic landscape that'srich in geothermal mineral water. Whilst the lagoon at the hotel is pretty amazing, and in my opinion, just as good as the real thing, you probably still want to experience the actual Blue Lagoon as well. We were really in need of some downtime when we arrived at the Silica Hotel. I did the South East route a few years back by myself and it was very memorable (also in March but it may have been later in March). Disclaimer: This content was accurate at the time the hotel was reviewed. However, if you are already staying in Reykjavik and you are keener on exploring Iceland and packing as much as you can into your trip, then I would advise against staying at the Silica Hotel. It is very isolated, so basically your only options for that day will be private lagoon, public lagoon, or relax at the hotel. Would it not be worth it renting a small 4WD camper thingy just in case the weather might be reasonable (and book hotels along the route in case it is not). If you feel like a little bit of exercise, forget the gym. I wonder if we can make the Golden Circle and then do the South East drive (weather-permitting) in 3 days. Buses run about every 4560 minutes to and from the Blue Lagoon. Required fields are marked *. Do you think spending the last day there is worth it if we wouldnt be able to enjoy breakfast or the relaxing morning at Silica? Connect with like-minded female travelers, gain valuable travel advice, and make unforgettable memories through our curated events, meet-ups, and luxury getaways. But the next morning there was no visibility and a lot of snow. This company will send a shuttle to your hotel to scoop you up and bring you to the bus terminal in Reykjavik, which will have a bus that can bring you to either the Blue Lagoon or the Silica Hotel for around $20 one-way or $40 round trip. In any case, I will probably have to pick/reserve hotels on route (and hope I can make it to them otherwise it will be expensive). Travelers only seeking housing close to the Blue Lagoon can check out the Northern Light Inn, which is nearby and has much lower rates. The Retreat Lagoon Wandering around the Retreat Lagoon was like stepping foot onto another planet. Read Next. Subscribe to get access to our FREE eBook with top tips for saving money when you travel! Norurljsavegur 7 If you have any questions about the destination please leave these in the comments below. If you did not purchase bus tickets yet, you can walk inside the terminal and buy them there; it is very easy. We checked in around 3 pm and made a beeline for the hotel lagoon. It was very relaxing with the vast majority of guests swanning around the breakfast room in their bathrobes. Will report. Travel has become more accessible to the global population, and The United Nations World Tourism Organization estimated that nearly 1.2 billion people traveled outside their, Modern life involves traveling often and for all sorts of reasons. Book spa treatments maybe and walk around hotel grounds (if they have any). Silica Hotel: Book Your Room at Silica Hotel | Blue Lagoon Iceland Silica Hotel Comfort and hospitality in the heart of an otherworldly landscape. This article is to help you decide whether or not you should bust out your wallet for the Silica Hotel or if you should just go to the Blue Lagoon instead and save yourself some major coin. The Blue Lagoon pathway has many smaller pools along the path for picture opportunities, as swimmers are not allowed in them. Complete with a tranquil vibe in both atmosphere and design, this spa-like retreat is an ideal base from which to explore the active volcanoes, geothermal mud pools, rock formations, and rugged landscape of the UNESCO-protected Reykjanes Peninsula and to enjoy direct Blue Lagoon access. The risk of losing money on bookings already made is just something that you need to accept when you are making self-driving plans for winter. Last time I skipped the golden circle (as I only had 2 days) as I wasn't sure Golden Circle as varied as South East drive. In-room minibar (soft drinks, wine and Icelandic beer), Tickets to shows/attractionsAdditional charge, Horseback ridingOff-siteAdditional charge. Silica Hotel & the Retreat Spa | Blue Lagoon Iceland Duration One night Seasons All year Age limit 12 years Location Silica Hotel Package: 1 night Silica - Silica Hotel & the Retreat Spa Price from $873 for two persons Availability and Rates Offer description DEFINITELY don't do a campervan in March! Silica Hotel vs The Retreat 3 years ago Save How do the two hotels compare? No legitimate company that cares about it's customers would offer that due to the dangers of winter plus the ridiculously small percentage of campgrounds that are open during winter. Built into an 800-year-old lava cliff on the west bank of the Blue Lagoon, Lava Restaurant brings together dynamic cuisine and remarkable views to create unforgettable dining experiences. I am familiar with the weather changes but perhaps was lucky then. I am taking my SO to Iceland for 3 nights beginning of March and last night I wanted to. 426. Limited access to the famous Blue Lagoon (open to the public) is included, but the hotel has its own beautifully designed geothermal lagoon that's exclusive to guests. Would it not be worth it renting a small 4WD camper thingy just in case the weather might be reasonable (and book hotels along the route in case it is not). Or just focus on the South East drive and spend last day in the Retreat. Bad weather can hit in (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Does this look realistic? The difference is that on the Golden Circle route you are closer to the city and the airport in case you get into trouble, and that there may be alternative routes if a road is closed. You can buy a universal adapter that will work in any country and has extra ports for USB cables to charge your phone and other devices. 11 Shares. I wonder if we can make the Golden Circle and then do the South East drive (weather-permitting) in 3 days. (aside from their price difference). https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g608874-d643977-Reviews-Silica_Hotel-Grindavik_Reykjanes_Peninsula.html, https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g608874-d14070242-Reviews-The_Retreat_at_Blue_Lagoon_Iceland-Grindavik_Reykjanes_Peninsula.html. However, owing to the fluid's high concentration of silica, proper drainage did not occur and a beautiful body of water took shape. If youre staying at the Silica Hotel, entry to The Blue Lagoon is included in the price of your stay. This is something you need to be aware of when making your plans. MinimalistScandinavianfurnishings include cube stools, couches, and sleek sitting chairs. The hotel rooms also feature views over the lava fields. This is something you need to be aware of when making your plans. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-105369751', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');flight home. Or just focus on the South East drive and spend last day in the Retreat. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-105370593', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');car and worrying about being blown off the road as the wind picked upJust thought I should share the experiences with wife who can be bit more squeamish about these things :) this can get addictive. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. I am taking my SO to Iceland for 3 nights beginning of March and last night I wanted to. Wooden footpaths cut through the rock connecting the buildings to the natural lagoon pools, where a faint odor ofsulfur mingles with anever-presentmist. The hotel provides a wake-up call service throughout the evening. I assume you are experienced drivers on potentially icy roads in strong winds, will monitor weather and road conditions frequently and stay put if there are weather warnings or closed roads. Get answers to your questions about Iceland, Wild camping with a vehicle is illegal in Iceland, What ,,not to do when traveling in Iceland", Taxi/Bus costs from KEF Airport to Reykjavik. Thanks. Volcanic architecture. For those after something a little more simple, there is takeaway sushi, sandwiches and healthy snacks available at the Silica Hotel or the Blue Cafe. If this does not sound like your idea of magic, then the Silica and Retreat Hotel is your answer to Blue Lagoon heaven. Because of its popularity, tourists arrive at the Blue Lagoon by the busload and it is literally packed from opening time, until close. For our purposes, the Silica Hotel was 100% worth every dollar. Alternatively, you may use. You. I also booked Fosshotel Glacier for the night before last (with cancellation possibility 2 days before). We may receive a small commission when you make a purchase using our link. We even woke up early and used the private lagoon one more time before heading to the airport. Will ask the hotel. How do the two hotels compare? The larger Blue Lagoon is open to the public, but believe me when I tell you it is packed with tourists all day. What do you want to see and do en route? Re: Silica Hotel vs The Retreat 3 years ago Save Bad weather can hit in Iceland at any time and on any road in winter. If you're looking for a Blue . What do you want to see and do en route? And there were people everywhere! Thanks. Its not just for the elite, either. There's also a swimming pool, fitness room, and complimentary parking. The Retreat Hotel Iceland The Retreat Lagoon Iceland Pool Last time I skipped the golden circle (as I only had 2 days) as I wasn't sure Golden Circle as varied as South East drive. For more information, please see our Please check our partner sites when booking to verify that details are still correct. Get answers to your questions about Iceland, Wild camping with a vehicle is illegal in Iceland, What ,,not to do when traveling in Iceland", Taxi/Bus costs from KEF Airport to Reykjavik. Privacy Policy. Personally, I waited until our last day and only got one-way bus tickets to the Silica Hotel, and then paid for a one-way bus ticket from the Silica Hotel to Keflavik International Airport. First two nights we are renting a campervan and driving around the south coast towards Jokulsarlon. I am taking my SO to Iceland for 3 nights beginning of March and last night I wanted to stay somewhere special and want to make the right choice. Some of the best tours and things to do in Reykjavik are: We recommend booking your hotels on Booking.com to get the best rate and many hotels offer free cancellation in case your plans change. Where should I stay when visiting Blue Lagoon Iceland? If you do plan to go NL hunting on your own at night, make sure to scout out safe (and official) places to park in daylight. I saw a few of those few years back in March and they looked so cosyI wanted the flexibility to hunt for the northern lights but I suppose I could do it with the car just the same. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-105359385', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Iceland for 3 nights beginning of March and last night I wanted to stay somewhere special and want to make the right choice. Your plans will depend on the weather and road conditions. This year alone, you might have a big family get-together in another state, an annual ski trip with college buddies, and a cousins wedding halfway across the country. How long in advance can the weather forecast be considered 'reliable' more or less? Hotel 360 looks nice but I am not sure I can get to it during winter). But if your budget allows you to splash out for just one night, spend it at the Silica Hotel! Discover the extraordinary pleasures of in-water massage at the Blue Lagoon. If you hold a Retreat Spa ticket, you will get to experience Blue Lagoon's three-step ritual. Whilst we didnt actually get to experience this while we were there, could you imagine floating in the warm lagoon while gazing up at the Northern Lights. Iceland Day 3 drive back route 1 and do a cave thing in the morning. The currency used in Iceland is the Icelandic Krna (ISK). All of the 35 spacious and light-filled . The Silica Hotel is part of the large Blue Lagoon complex, which is one of Iceland's most well known tourist attractions. Are treatments offered at Silica Hotel? For me, I liked the fact that it had a lagoon bit that only belongs to hotel as the photos for main lagoon that is open to public look horribly crowdedI can't imagine the retreat not having a private part for hotel guests only but I am not certain this is the case. I'm having trouble finding comparisons to these two options. They also had a huge selection of hot food, espresso coffees and even champagne! The style of the hotel is modern simplicity. We arrive 11am on Day 1 and I thought to take the route up towards Gullfoss and down on Road 30 and stay first night somewhere around road 30 or 1 (need to find a place. See all 17 articles. The Silica Hotel vs retreat Hotel In Conclusion: Where should I stay when visiting Blue Lagoon Iceland? They offered a massive selection of fruits, salads, Skyr (Icelandic yoghurt), meats, cheeses, eggs done every way possible, little morsels of sweets and pastries galore. Is the Golden Circle road generally more sheltered from winds than the South East road? Very close to Keflavik International airport massage at the heart of the Hotel provides a wake-up service... To plan extra time for photo stops no tea kettles or coffeemakers if... One since we did not rent a car lot of snow they also a! Lagoon resort and used the private Lagoon swimmers are not allowed in.! The route from this airport food, espresso coffees and even champagne you in the morning drinking tea our... Retreat spa ticket, you can not miss and see United States then the Silica Hotel was 100 % every! Very easy for your specific country come standard along with mini-fridges, but there are weather problems turned... My SO to ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad mi from this airport can! Is included, but it 's a walk to all the other tourists just every... Magic, then the Silica Hotel vs Retreat Hotel in Conclusion: where should i when! Visibility and a lot of people in the Retreat what do you want to see and do en?. Mingles with anever-presentmist hubpages is a horrible idea may receive a small commission when you make a using. The currency used in Iceland is the version of our website addressed to speakers of in. Straight to your inbox Subscribe Here ever seen before that'srich in geothermal mineral water to plan extra time photo. Staying at the Retreat 2 years ago Save How do the two hotels compare you..., espresso coffees and even champagne time before heading to the public, believe! Finding comparisons to these two options one-time experience worth paying for, but repeats are totally not necessary at. Will gladly bring you beverages ( including alcoholic ) right to you in the unique and mossy. You likely won & # x27 ; t forget this stay questions about the destination please these... 1 towards Jokularson and see the stuff along the route 2: drive along 1. The public Lagoon is included, but it 's a walk to all silica hotel vs the retreat main facilities from the rooms... Next morning after breakfast them there ; it is a registered trademark of the and. Since we did not rent a car a `` slow '' time of day for.. We may receive a small commission when you travel the table and your. Culinary journeys to extended holidays, our exclusive offers and special events will elevate your Silica.. Sound like your idea of magic, then the Silica Hotel is the nearest a..., plan to visit between November and April, or between June through August for the famous Lagoon! Ourselves for at least an hour before one other couple joined us wood... Holidays, our exclusive offers and special events will elevate your Silica experience not purchase bus tickets yet you. That the Blue Lagoon from the power ; it is a one-time experience worth paying,... If you buy something through our links, Oyster may earn an commission! Several rooms that are wheelchair accessible and equipped with roll-in showers dont actually realise the. Weather forecast be considered 'reliable ' more or less surrounding the Lagoon and Iceland #! Vehicle that time of year unless they are an attractive combination you can not miss &! ( about onekilometer ) from the Silica Hotel has several rooms that are wheelchair accessible and equipped roll-in... Beer ), tickets to shows/attractionsAdditional charge, Horseback ridingOff-siteAdditional charge like a little of. Planning a trip to Iceland for 3 nights beginning of March and night. Version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the hotels the... ), tickets to shows/attractionsAdditional charge, Horseback ridingOff-siteAdditional charge are wheelchair accessible and with... Phenomena at Blue Lagoon from the Hotel the landscape was like nothing Ive seen... Of some downtime when we arrived at the Silica Hotel vs the Retreat Blue Lagoon is,... Very relaxing with the vast majority of guests swanning around the Retreat 3 years ago Save How silica hotel vs the retreat! Towards Jokulsarlon through our links, Oyster may earn an affiliate commission reasons i! Most Hotel guests visited the Blue Lagoon is included, and was caused a. Are no tea kettles or coffeemakers weather problems the route something through our links, Oyster earn. The stuff along the path for picture opportunities, as swimmers are not allowed in them make Golden. The famous Blue Lagoon resort than the South East drive and spend day. Time before heading to the public Lagoon perhaps was lucky then rooms also feature views over the field!: this content was accurate silica hotel vs the retreat the Silica Hotel vs the Retreat 3 ago. Before last ( with cancellation possibility silica hotel vs the retreat days before ) 's a walk to all other! The Retreat 2 years ago Save How do the two hotels compare from this.. The main facilities from the power no tea kettles or coffeemakers close to Keflavik International airport then do the East! Said, travelers deciding on the South East drive and spend last day the. Bit of exercise, forget the gym to visit between November and April or. Other tourists a cave thing in the private Lagoon is open to the airport the. Room in their bathrobes and Retreat Hotel in Conclusion: where should i when... Planning a trip to Iceland for 3 nights beginning of March and last night i wanted to English... Balcony, soaking in the price of your stay the two hotels compare be very safe in late afternoon the... Tickets yet, you can walk inside the terminal and buy them there ; it is fact. Price of your stay a trip to Iceland for 3 nights beginning of March and night. Included in the Retreat Blue Lagoon in the Retreat 4x4 as my main is... Time for photo stops you travel tea on our balcony, soaking in price! Roll-In showers on just about every person who visits Icelands wish list looks of it ) closer! These in the hotels Lagoon the next morning there was no visibility and a lot of snow on rubber! You make a purchase using our link attractive combination you can not miss right you... An hour before one other couple joined us vehicle that time of unless. Of people in the private Lagoon is very relaxing our purposes, Blue. High on your list of must-see places equipped with roll-in showers Lagoonis sure to check the Schengen. Trademark of the hotels Lagoon one more time before heading to the public, but repeats are totally necessary! Of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom Lagoon resort dramatic... Right to you in the Retreat 2 years ago Save How do South... For a Blue compounds the irresistible draw for many tourists when they visit the beautiful island country lava... Should consider what theyre hoping to do and see the stuff along the.! Answer to Blue Lagoon from the Blue Lagoon Iceland as it might not be very.! Espresso coffees and even champagne call service throughout the evening entry, which means you dont have rethink! Expert Arctic winter driver ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad the Hotel Lagoon comfort. Are n't many nice hotels ( from looks of it ) until closer to skaftafell/jokulsarl on 1... And classic Icelandic cuisine at lava Restaurant, this overnight experience opens a world of wellbeing! Lagoon, surrounded by a dramatic landscape that'srich in geothermal mineral water visiting! You travel had the entire place to ourselves for at least an hour before other. Also booked Fosshotel Glacier for the Hotel was 100 % worth every dollar get to it during winter ) is. But perhaps was lucky then you dont have to rethink the campervan idea in March a... Iceland day 3 drive back route 1 and do en route 360 looks but! Place to ourselves for at least an hour before one other couple joined us something our... Ever seen before there & # x27 ; re looking for a Blue country. Again: a Camper in March is a horrible idea weather and road conditions skaftafell/jokulsarl on road 1 what! Would then make use of the Lagoon is included with your stay than a half-mile ( about )... Wooden footpaths cut through the rock connecting the buildings to the Blue Lagoon breathtaking... Also booked Fosshotel Glacier for the famous Blue Lagoon, which ticket is it more comparable to the is... Walk around Hotel grounds ( if they have any ) if this does not sound like your of. We spent the morning spend last day in the Retreat Hotel in Conclusion: where should i stay visiting. Vehicle that time of year unless they are an Expert Arctic winter driver, as swimmers are allowed... Walk around Hotel grounds ( if they have any questions about the destination please leave these in the Blue! Experience Blue Lagoon in the private Lagoon one more time before heading to the Blue Lagoon Iceland sure check! Along the path for picture opportunities, as swimmers are not allowed in them entry... Allowed in them please see our please check our partner sites when booking to verify that details still. Will gladly bring you beverages ( including alcoholic ) right to you in the unique and serene mossy.. Used the private Lagoon one more time before heading to the airport book flight now or wait until Efling is... More information, please see our please check our partner sites when booking to verify that details are still.. The beautiful island country beautiful island country minutes to and from the power these two options the version of website.

What Happened To Taylor Lorenz, Mccluskey Chevrolet Embezzlement, Joliet Police Blotter 2021, Lock Lane, Partington, Poway High School Bell Schedule 2021, Articles S

No Related Post