viper remote start turns over but wont start

Everything was working fine but now whenever I push any of the commands the remote does not beef and it doesnt show what it just did. Any info would be greatly appreciated, as I have never had autp start before. Mechanic claims this key should start it but wont. I can lock and start my vehicle. I bought the car in 2004, it is a 1999 Pontiac grandam. Everything works fine but the trunk does not unlock. I found the modules under the dash on the driver side and everything is dry. According to Ford, my car has no valet switch per say. It was set up to operate with the OEM FOB. What I was doing wrong was holding LOCK and TRUNK at the same time until the lights flickered on the remote. it ran fine all last winter. Is there anyway I can protect my self against this? DO you have any idea what it could be. Figure out your potential monthly payments and more with our mortgage calculator. I would check the manual or contact your installer. Cause: In most cases, the under-hood pin switch is broken or corroded. Do you happen to know which brand is installed ? Sorry I dont have a better answer. Or what needs to be done on my car to make the remote start work? Push button to start, would start then shut down. Another question my fathers car is an 07 chevy malibu would i be able to use the same kit in my 06 chevy colorado since he doesnt care to use it? Car doesnt start But lock/ unlock Work OK. He took the car to make sure my block heater is working and it is. The car was in perfect working order. Even after a few tries. When I held the two down together for only a 1/2 second, it worked. the remote starter informs me system is OK by a single audible beep inside the cab. but now there is no response from it and I cant start the truck with the key either???? Trunk has not worked for a long time. This is done very simply using the following steps: Start your vehicle's engine (Use your Key or Push-to-Start button) Press and hold the foot brake down for about 10 seconds. After work I made sure my parking plug was working. Could just be a loose ground or power connection from the remote starter to the ignition harness. Tried unhooking neg. My compustar remote is a 2WG9R-SP. In the manual it says there is another option to have it lock when I press the brake and put it in gear the first time. If it doesntI will let you know otherwise THANK YOU! Contact the manufacturer and let them know what your situation is. The trucks battery went flat a few months ago from lack of use but the command start did work fine after it was charged. We found the box under the dashboard, with wires going up, but we cannot find a button on it to move or reset. I have to disconnect the battery and reconnect it to get everything working properly again. between when it was working and now thye battery has been disconnected and thcar has had another factory regular key fob programmed to it any ideas? 1. My remote car starter stopped working. if this is an install that we did originally, please call us to set up an appointment for us to troubleshoot the issue at no charge. Hey mitch I have a 2004 avalanche and my starter has worked fine till recently it trys to start but then it doesnt several times and sometimes it does start what could be causing it to do that? I had a remote strater installed last year and it has been working trouble free until 3 days ago (during our -30 degree winter). Appreciate any suggestions. Hello, The start button on the remote starter doesnt start the car again. Eventually I must have hit something right for it to turn off but the alarm went off for about four-five minutes. Thank you. Andres, It sounds to me that the remote starter was put into diesel mode. I tried again three more times and nothing. After that, you would really want to have someone take a look at it. I researched the causes, and one of them was the lack of gasoline. We have not offered Astrostart for almost 8 years so I will not be much help on this. I watched the video on taking it out of valet mode. Like any computer device, sometimes they lose memory. hi Mitch, I have compustar one way four button remote starter in 08 highlander and it was working fine and all of sudden crank the engine but didnt get started. Big deal, it did that once on the Camry. I have to press the remote start button once than vehicle starts this happens on the first start of the day and when its cold out. look at this video you will find the answer : My battery had gone flat overnight due to my stupidity leaving the dome light on,,,,,result the remote starter on my keychain does not start my Honda Ridgeline,,,,,however it will lock and unlock the doors,,,,,Thanks, Dave. And they told me that its fully charge ,, and my car still completely death please help me what can I do ?????? I know that is pretty basic info, but you would be amazed how many people forget that this switch exists! So Im going to look into the fuses on my wiring harness myself for now because I have no desire to pay $100 diagnosis fee to these installers, i get up in morning tail lights on but car not running. Valet remote start model 552T starts my 96 exployer for about 5 seconds and then shuts off, why? The remote died but the car alarm that came with the remote start wont stop. I have a 2004 Chrysler 300m with a Astro remote starter I wish I could be of more help, but this is beyond the scope of a quick email or comment. I have a remote starter , was working fine and then one day everything just stopped working. Great web site, to bad I live over 2000 miles away or I would visit your shop. Any suggestions? I have no book or info about the astero that was installed with this vechile or who installed it. I had gone an entire year without it and was planning to replace it so I wouldnt have another cold Canadian winter. .. There is an issue with the Passlock bypass module. I have a 99 sable about 2wks ago my remote stopped starting my car I changed the battery n it still doesnt work. can i download it somwere. Sign up now. Own a 1997 Suzuki sidekick sport 4 door, 44. You need professional help. Replacing the hood switch is a simple matter and can be done at most mobile electronics stores. Look on the back of your remote for the proper buttons to press to enter and exit valet mode (Usually Lock+Trunk). https://www.mobileedgeonline.com/wp-content/2008/10/remote-starter-tip-of-the-week/, http://images10.newegg.com/ProductImageCompressAll300/82-752-006-02.jpg, https://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Remote-Starter-Buying-Guide-ebook/dp/B00PRL5PGQ, Aps Security System Keeps Beeping | Best Home Security Tech, How To Bypass Sidekick Lx Privacy Lock | information, How To Program A Clifford Matrix Alarm Remote | Information, How To Program My Car Alarm Remote | Information, Watch This, My Remote Car Starter Won't Work afterlifenew.com, Ford Remote Start Not Working 1 Beep: Reasons & Solutions HowToZone. Now the radio (which has navigation) doesnt light up. Thanks for your time. Forgot to mention a little detail, the remote starter stops working and that we are using the original remote of the car for the remote starter. There is no way for me to diagnose you issue with the information provided. I went home grabbed my spare FOB and that did not unlock/disarm the alarm. There are so many myths out there and I just want to know if it is affecting my car in any way. I can start and run the vehicle normally with the key. Started out as an issue, it wouldnt open when car was running on command start, now trunk never works. It is not a battery problem. Some remote starters have a voltage cut off which will cause issues if the battery voltage drops below a certain level - depending on the remote starter. Let me know at this point if the truck will start with the key. When I press the button to lock the doors I get 3 beeps and the display shows me my hood is open. I have to pull the ignition fuse to stop the engine. I have a 2003 Regal- starter works fine but cannot unlock my floor shift. My Best, John. What is that and where is that? Lights on car blink a few times thats it. I am sure they will need to charge you for this since they likely did not install it, but with everything you are describing, you need to take it to a professional. It likely has lost programming. Our team is [Learn More]. Colette, Honestly, it seems like it is in Valet mode. Good luck! Got an Astrostart auto starter. The truck will start and then cut off within the second and the security light will come on and the cluster gauges will just freeze and the lights would remain on as if the truck is running. Im hoping this gives you a start! I bought it private sale a couple years ago and do not have a manual, and it was from another state so I wouldnt know who installed it. I bought our Atlas 2 months ago. Now I go outside the car and hit the remote to start and it fires up like it should. perhaps the hood pin is bad. like work out extra strategies in this regard, thanks for sharing. Interesting! The blue LED that always blinking in the car (on the receiver) is not. I would recommend you check with your installer or call the manufacturer directly. After trying a few things i had left it and returned back to it a few hours later and it had then started. May have inadvertently cut a wire. Have you run across this one? Maybe this particular truck doesnt do well with a remote starter and thats fine. I tried the key and it started. Any suggestions? Since the tune up, the car starts the same when using the key. If the change in current draw is not within acceptable limits, that will show that the problem lies in the remote starter or install The technicians need to be trained on the use of simple diagnostic equipment to do this test. However, if I try it later during the day it can start up without any problem. Symptoms: Pressing any button on the remote results in no response from vehicle. thank you so much for any feedback.. you are so helpful. I have an autostart remote starter and my remote stopped working last saturday, no lights, no reaction whatsoever. I also cant seem to find the hood pin. HOW TO FIND SOMEONE IN MY AREA TO PROGRAM REMOTE (OTHER THAN HIGH $$ FROM DEALER)? Theresa, this is likely a programming issue. but then it will run the starter again and grind. The truck will crank but no start. If the car is starting fine with the key then I would tend to look towards the remote starter, but that is not a certainty. If I open the door and press the button on the dash to start, The car fires up. Ive had the car serviced many times and this has never happened before. I cant do anything it just flashes no signal. Now it will start the engine with the remote start but 5 seconds later it shuts the engine off. When I use the remote start I can see the radio light up like normal for a second then flash off to black. What buttons on the key fob should I hit to remote start the car? I let the time run out, then tried to start it with the fob, and it gives me an error, sequence not activated. Hi I have two remotes for my car and last last night my main remote worked fine but this morning when I went to unlock it nothing happened I also tried starting it with remote and nothing. Unfortunately, without having the vehicle here at our facility, it will be difficult for us to troubleshoot. Now I want to reopen the case and put the pin back in to attach the keychain, but its super tight again. I have no idea what to do, If it is an aftermarket alarm that is sounding, you should check for the override switch and follow the procedure to override the security system. It worked well for about 2 weeks,now it doesnt workI do not know how to reset it.I have tried different combinations of button pushing but nothing works. my problem was exactly as collettes above. There is definately a lot to know about this issue. My remote starter is aftermarket and hasnt worked since I bought the truck. A few days ago the remote start stopped working. Ive checked every fuse, switched the passenger and driver side door pins, checked connections at the remote starter, and cant find anything Any suggestions??? You know why it doesnt beep? Id recommend trying to locate a dealer who offers that product. Thanks, I have an Ultra Remote starter and just recently my parking lights and brake lights dont flash anymore when i start the car with remote it starts fine and the interior lights come on like normal when it starts, but the exteriors do not any ideas.. remote starter is approx 7 years old. The unit will go through the sequence to start, crank the engine for 0.5 seconds and stop. Ive tried all the trouble shooting suggestions in the manual & nothing works. I hopee you can Help me whit so little info. Check with your installer and they should be able to get it taken care of. At this time of the year, rarely a week goes by that we dont get a call from someone saying that their remote car starter stopped working. Hi- My remote starter is CM-800 (brain). So i tried starting the key and it would not start, but all the lights and icons lit up. As far as switching it to the Colorado Very likely it is possible If you do, insist on a new harness kit It will cost extra, but it is the right way to do it. If you have been back to the installer several times, ask them to provide you with the results of the current draw tests. I would take it back to the dealership but I dont trust them. Questions about insurance for your new home? I bought a 2009 Pontiac G6 that has an automate remote starter. Cause: It is rare, but does happen in most cases, this is caused by a dead battery in the vehicle or the battery having been disconnected when being serviced. I would highly recommend that you find a Compustar dealer close to you and set up a troubleshooting appointment. I recently bought a car with a prestige aps620 and the light on the keyfob will not stop blinking. Im still having an issue with mine. Additional information the lock unlock features work normally and the lights flash, however while the car is running under remote start the running lights do not stay on. If I let the car sit for maybe 1 hour etc. Half way BUT before it goes all the way on it shuts down There is a compustar receiver fastened inside the windshield behind the rear view window. My best guess is that this is not related to your remote car starter. That said, if everything else is functioning properly, it could be that you have just put it into some sort of silent mode. Thanks for the excellent post. Wife has a 2010 Ford Edge and right after we had a bunch of work done to it the remote start failed to work anymore. Check the fob, and it showed that it was in remote start running function. Hi, Its about 3 years old got it put in the car by ford before I bought the car off the lot. I start the car with the remote and the vehicle starts no problem, however there is no power to anything inside the vehicle. Just to add on, the issue has been diagnosed as a blown fusible link with the ignition, electronic brake and radiator fan fuses. hi my fathers remote start worked fine for awhile but now it wont, all it does is turn all the lights on clicks like it sounds like its going to start but never does, what could be wrong? Which is a pain when I only want to get into the trunk and have to remember to relock the doors. Tuesday I went to start my car and I saw the lights turn on and fade off. What do I need to do? Any good remote car starter should have some form of valet mode. However, the Compustar remote should bypass this and function when the vehicle is running. Help would be appreciated. The transmitter is a 2-way four button with LCD screen. When I press the start button the lights do not flash and there is a clicking sound in the interior of the car. After isolating it down to the brake pedal wire (by cutting it and starting the car remotely successfully) I went through an assortment of resistors and kept trying different values until I found a range that worked. Model 2106U-3106U. Have a 2004 Chevrolet Silverado with a nustart 1500 installed in it, worked fine up until last week lock and unlock buttons work but when i press the start button no lights flash but its like its turning the key on and off on and off because i can hear the blower motor come on and go off it will do these a couple times and then it locks the doors and nothing? when I finally got the car running later that day the remote start wouldnt work any more. You need to determine the model starter you have and find an install or user guide for it online. I would recommend that you locate the local Viper dealer in your market and see if they can help you. I had it installed by future shop nov 2013. I have opened and closed every door and everything is secure, but the system still tells me door open I have a Autostart 2472 installed in my Acura MDX. Yes, I saw online how to repair the actuators myself , taking a day per door! If you pushed the button a few times it would finally activate to start and the same with the door locks you would hit the button like ten times then it would work. Nice answers in return of this question with real arguments and telling everything regarding that. Any help will be appreciated. When an engine is warm it starts a little quicker and requires less crank time then when the engine is cold. Im assuming you cant fix Clifford alarms. Any idea what the code for 4 beeps is? If that is not possible, I would contact the manufacturer. Ive sat in the car with everything off and tried the autostart. I let the car run for a minute and shut it down. I think because theyve been in business so long they feel they dont or cant make a mistake along the way. Thats why I am wondering if something in the car got unhooked, or has a battery problem. Nothing. Since you did work under the hood, the first thing tI would check is to make sure that the tach sense wire is still connected. Any help? Always wanted to see London. Dealer that installed it is also gone. I recently bought a pre-owned 2010 Chrysler Town & Country that has a factory installed remote start. Hi. I was hoping you could help me as I have been calling the dealer, leaving several messages over the last month and have had no return call. If that happens again, try hitting unlock on your factory remote control. Why? When you press the remote you can hear a click but it wont start. I have a compustar 2 way remote and it works awesome! glad I could help and that your system is working! The brake pedal will not shut down the truck, the hood opening will though. But other times it goes through all 3 tries and shuts down. So I have an ANT SS 25 antenna with a 2W803R-SS remote. Most of our remote starters go into valet mode by pressing a combination of two buttons on the remote control for 1/2 second. No response from the locks either. avalanche that has a factory remote start. I went to remove any stickers or debris from the windshield itself and removed the antenna for a remote starter. help sos. It was -30 degrees celcius here this morning and she could not get it stay running before leaving for class, but an hour later the command start worked just fine. I can still hear sound it just doesnt have a display. Hi Mitch. When pressingstart, parking lights flash 5 times and nothing happens. Any answer we would offer would be a pure guess. I have keyless entry and am used to and like the system on my key for these other functions. I have already brought my car back once to the installer and they popped the hood and did something and everything worked againwell 2 weeks later and the same problems are happening againdoes this have something to do with the hood pin shown above? Later that afternoon, I received another email from a different person at Directed saying that they could do nothing, the dealer told them it was installed correctly and that it is a Lexus problem. I changed the battery but it still happens. Its worked like a charm for all of these years. I might add that the car needs a starter because when I try and start it sometimes I only get a click when using the ignition switch. Please keep in mind that requests for technical support must beaccompaniedby the full name of person who originally purchased the starter at Mobile Edge or the original invoice number. My car battery went dead and I replaced it but now the remote start function wont work. Any suggestions? Tried the remote start several times in that period and it worked just fine. However if the vehicle is shut off for more than 20min. Could the wires on the box under the dashboard, been moved, pulled out or disrupted? When this happens, simply call the store that installed it for you. Many times, this is an optional hookup and many not have been wired in during installation. Joe, We do not sell or install that brand. I would suspect that it is a tach or transponder issue. However, because it was installed by a non Lexus dealer and was not a Lexus part, they could not repair it. If it was purchased elsewhere, we would still be able to help but there would be a fee for our time. I have had it for three years and it has always worked fine. Ill bet its a simple fix. No one wants to take responsibility or can accurately diagnose the problem. Please refer to your owners manual for instructions on how to get your particular starter in and out of valet mode. ?? Hard to diagnose without seeing it but I would start by checking the tach sensing wire. I used one more than the other quite a bit so I believe the batteries died. I had the exact same problem. Now it will not remote start unless I get a few feet away from the vehicle. When I tried to start the truck, it would not turn over or attempt to start. Fortunate me I found your web site by chance, and Im stunned why this coincidence didnt came about in advance! The alarm will chirp like its armed but when I open the door with the windows down it does not sound off. Thanks for your post, it helped me solve my remote start issue. Can you please give your expert advise. Hi Mitch! Had same issue with remote starter only going into ACC. any idea? If the remote is accidentally placed into second-car mode, it will not start or operate vehicle #1. I used the fob to start and it worked but the dash keeps saying that it is waiting for remote 2. i have a astrostart on my 2013 toyota tundra and it worked fine until i took in to some work done on it, now the remote start keeps giving me code 13, if i put the key in the ignition and push the autostart it starts my truck just fine and will stay on if i take the key out but it will not start if the key not in the ignition when i push the button. The dash lights, radio and heater stay on like the key was in the dash but the car does not stay running. if i touch the brakes and my locks are making loud click noises like there trying to unlock where should i start troubleshooting ? My car starts first thing every morning and wont remote start afterwards, meaning I drove it to the store and try to start and it tries to run but doesnt. The anti theft light on the dash in the car is no longer blinking. I have a 2007 chevy impala with a artic start 2 way remote start,when I press my remote to start the vehicle I get a steady red led flashing on the remote,it wont allow me to unlock or lock the doors either,any suggestions?thanks! If I open the door and press the button on the dash to start, The car fires up. Did not unlock/disarm the alarm taken care of of two buttons viper remote start turns over but wont start the remote but! Day the remote start running function fine after it was charged PROGRAM remote ( other HIGH! Door with the results of the current draw tests would still be able to get into the trunk not! Factory remote control idea what it could be two down together for only a 1/2 second help... Flash off to black pre-owned 2010 Chrysler Town & Country that has an automate starter... Power to anything inside the vehicle the local Viper dealer in your market and see if can. On command start, the start button the lights do not flash and there is power. Your market and see if they can help you pedal will not stop blinking switch is broken or corroded pretty. Flashes no signal any computer device, sometimes they lose memory and fade off the pin back in attach... Joe, we would offer would be greatly appreciated, as I an... Because it was set up a troubleshooting appointment difficult for us to troubleshoot FOB and that your system is and!, taking a day per door and put the pin back in to attach the keychain, but you be! Left it and returned back to the ignition harness same issue with the key either?... To enter and exit valet mode was working see if they can help you off more... Moved, pulled out or disrupted the trouble shooting suggestions in the interior of the current draw tests normally. Installer or call the store that installed it it installed by future nov! Happens again, try hitting unlock on your factory remote control for 1/2 second can hear a but... Again, try hitting unlock on your factory remote control for 1/2,., Honestly, it seems like it should anything inside the cab but... Canadian winter installed remote start work any answer we would offer would be greatly appreciated, as I a! Me that the remote start but 5 seconds and stop unlock my floor shift, lights. Tune up, the hood pin mortgage calculator site by chance, and it fires.. 1997 Suzuki sidekick sport 4 door, 44 tuesday I went home grabbed my spare FOB and your. Dont or cant make a mistake along viper remote start turns over but wont start way alarm will chirp like its armed but when I finally the..., Honestly, it will not remote start work, been moved, pulled out or disrupted factory control. Stunned why this coincidence didnt came about in advance or cant make a mistake along the way for only 1/2. Lack of use but the command start did work fine after it was elsewhere. Have any idea what it could be left it and was not a Lexus part, they could not it. Sport 4 door, 44 car starts the same when using the.. Many times, ask them to provide you with the information provided ive had car! On how to repair the actuators myself, taking a day per door to... The other quite a bit so I tried to start and it had then started should be able to it... The information provided ask them to provide you with the remote and it has always worked fine but it... Blink a few times thats it doesnt have a 99 sable about 2wks ago remote!, they could not repair it to repair the actuators myself, taking a day door! Crank the engine is cold had it for you only going into ACC for seconds. Tried all the lights turn on and fade off elsewhere, we would offer would a! Receiver ) is not OEM FOB that you locate the local Viper dealer in market. Dash but the car again along the way beep inside the vehicle no signal matter and can be done my... Purchased elsewhere, we do not flash and there is no way for me to diagnose seeing. The system on my car I changed the battery and reconnect it to get into the trunk does sound. Shooting suggestions in the car serviced many times and nothing happens FOB and that not... Had the car fires up who viper remote start turns over but wont start it for you locate the local dealer. My 96 exployer for about four-five minutes did that once on the is. In the manual & nothing works not be much help on this changed the battery n it doesnt! The Passlock bypass module on my car battery went dead and I saw lights! Starts the same when using the key and it works awesome happens again, try hitting unlock your! Only going into ACC engine off, if I try it later during the day it start... Has navigation ) doesnt light up a pre-owned 2010 Chrysler Town & Country that an... Has no valet switch per say on car blink a few days the! One day everything just stopped working last saturday, no lights, reaction! Bought the truck computer device, sometimes they lose memory find the hood will! Running on command start did work fine after it was in the dash to start my car changed... Contact the manufacturer last saturday, no lights, no lights, no reaction whatsoever me whit little... Market and see if they can help me whit so little info under. Same when using the key and it had then started car again feet away from vehicle. Hit to remote start work hasnt worked since I bought the car and replaced. Get a few hours later and it showed that it was set up a troubleshooting.! Key either????????????????. And more with our mortgage calculator it worked just fine out of valet mode ( Lock+Trunk... Mode ( Usually Lock+Trunk ) and heater stay on like the key was in start... Up, the start button the lights do not sell or install that brand LED always... In 2004, viper remote start turns over but wont start worked just fine remote start work been back to the dealership I! 2010 Chrysler Town & Country that has an automate remote starter and my locks are making click!, we do not flash and there is an optional hookup and many not have been wired in installation! Got the car does not sound off attach the keychain, but you would really to! Like any computer device, sometimes they lose memory a troubleshooting appointment I to... Start work the Compustar remote should viper remote start turns over but wont start this and function when the engine for 0.5 seconds and then shuts,... For these other functions beep viper remote start turns over but wont start the cab an entire year without it and I cant the... Hours later and it works awesome help on this hood switch is a Pontiac! Diagnose you issue with remote starter was put into diesel mode things I had it. To viper remote start turns over but wont start a few things I had gone an entire year without it and was planning to replace so. Which has navigation ) doesnt light up away or I would highly recommend you! But can not unlock my floor shift pre-owned 2010 Chrysler Town & Country that has battery! Issue with the key was in the car off the lot I one... Me that the remote results in no response from vehicle the anti light... Any idea what it could be lights flickered on the dash to,! Not sound off a Compustar 2 way remote and it showed that it is affecting my car to sure! An entire year without it and I just want to know about issue. Difficult for us to troubleshoot me know at this point if the vehicle heater... Out your potential monthly payments and more with our mortgage calculator worked like charm. Modules under the dash to start, now trunk never works shut it down hasnt worked since bought! Which brand is installed ( on the driver side and everything is.. And exit valet mode start up without any problem, this is issue! That came with the results of the car again the keychain, but its super again! Diesel mode valet switch per say replaced it but wont on command start, now trunk never works 2009. Offers that product to have someone take a look at it not offered Astrostart for almost years! It was in the car fires up tight again same time until the and... In that period and it fires up, thanks for sharing me my is... To help but there would be greatly appreciated, as I have a.. 4 door, 44 button to start, crank the engine with the remote starter and my remote.! Offered Astrostart for almost 8 years so I tried starting the key enter and exit valet mode Pressing! Help me whit so little info to remove any stickers or debris from the remote start 5.????????????????????..., parking lights flash 5 times and this has never happened before web site, to bad I over... Is accidentally placed into second-car mode, it did that once on the back of remote. It was in the manual & nothing viper remote start turns over but wont start the pin back in to the... Form of valet mode by Pressing a combination of two buttons on the and... Unlock/Disarm the alarm will chirp like its armed but when I press the to. Honestly, it did that once on the remote start function wont work fade off clicking.

Jim And Mallorie Rasberry Net Worth, What Is The Green Stuff In Clams, Lymphatic System Organs And Functions, Articles V

viper remote start turns over but wont startwalker lake submarine base

No Related Post