accidents in arkansas today

Conspiracy theorists claim that a plane crash in Arkansas was a case of sabotage aimed at covering up the train derailment in Ohio. Associated Press text, photo, graphic, audio and/or video material shall not be published, broadcast, rewritten for broadcast or publication or redistributed directly or indirectly in any medium. Neither these AP materials nor any portion thereof may be stored in a computer except for personal and noncommercial use. State troopers and Criminal Investigation Division special. Speed. It happened just after 3 p.m. along the eastbound . 5 victims in Arkansas plane crash CTEH identified the dead employees as: Sean Sweeney, 64, a pilot; Gunter Beaty, 23, a production safety data manager; Kyle Bennett, 36, a staffing manager,. Last chance for up to $40 off TurboTax, Student discount promo code: $100 off the GoPro HERO11, Samsung promo code - Up to 40% off + free shipping, Take $1300 off Aurora Ryzen R14 gaming desktop - Dell coupon code, Wayfair promo code: 10% off any single purchase, Why Lori Lightfoot Is the First Chicago Mayor to Lose in 40 Years, More Younger People Are Getting Colorectal Cancers, and Doctors Dont Know Why, The Airline Experiment to Make Boarding Less Awful, Long-Robust U.S. Labor Market Shows Signs of Cooling, The 20-Somethings Fueling a Stick-Shift Renaissance, Opinion: Ron DeSantis: Why I Stood Up to Disney, Opinion: Major Questions in the Student-Loan Forgiveness Case, Opinion: The Chips Act Becomes Industrial Social Policy, Opinion: It Doesnt Make Sense to Blame Crime on Poverty, Opinion: Republicans Ought to Be All for ESG, Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot Loses Re-Election Bid, An Inside Look at Ukrainian Troops Training to Use Western Tanks. Multiple people were killed in fiery collisions Wednesday that involved eight tractor-trailer rigs and at least three other vehicles on heavily-traveled Inte. Memphis River Parks Partnership has announced that Riverside Drive will be closed to through traffic from Georgia Avenue to Union Avenue beginning on Feb. 22 and lasting through July 1. The Adult Center in Arkansas City will be closed for now as we process what has happened.. King Memorial School, a nonprofit that provides services in several Arkansas counties to people with developmental delays or disabilities, according to its website. A wreck on U.S. Highway 79B left a South Arkansas motorcyclist dead when a motorist pulled out in front of him. Slectionnez Grer les paramtres pour grer vos prfrences. One person was airlifted to the hospital after a multi-vehicle crash in Greene County caused a slowdown for many drivers. The accident happened Tuesday, Feb. 21, 2023, at 5 p.m. under clear skies and dry road conditions, according to Sr. Cpl. 67, 17-year-old flown to hospital following semi-truck crash, 3 vehicle crash causes traffic backup for busy intersection. Our C B King Family is hurting tonight," the school's director of programs, Lora Medina, said in a statement Monday. The company provides environmental, engineering and toxicology experts who are able to deploy at short notice. ARDOT posted that traffic was being diverted off Exit 91 near Social Hill, which is approximately 10 miles east of the crash site. Tuesdays fatal crash marks the 73rd this year on Arkansas highways. Then you got trucks still hammered down . There were reports of thunderstorms in the area at the time of the crash. We are delighted that you'd like to resume your subscription. We always enjoy hearing from our readers. Eastbound lanes of the I-30 remained closed at 4.30pm, and traffic was backed up for several miles. A wreck on U.S. Highway 79B left a South Arkansas motorcyclist dead when a motorist pulled out in front of him. "I can guarantee one thing: We will find out the causes of this tragedy and we will do all that's in our power so that something like this never happens again," Mitsotakis said. The victim is identified as 74-year-old Michael Eugene McGhee of Mountain View. Crash Reports The Arkansas State Police maintains the central repository of all crash reports for the State of Arkansas. We deliver the best in breaking news, live video coverage, original journalism and segments from your favorite NBC News Shows.Connect with NBC News Online!NBC News App: https://smart.link/5d0cd9df61b80Breaking News Alerts: https://link.nbcnews.com/join/5cj/breaking-news-signup?cid=sm_npd_nn_yt_bn-clip_190621Visit NBCNews.Com: http://nbcnews.to/ReadNBCFind NBC News on Facebook: http://nbcnews.to/LikeNBCFollow NBC News on Twitter: http://nbcnews.to/FollowNBC#Arkansas #Carcrash #trucks According to the Arkansas State Police, at least three people are dead Wednesday following a multi-vehicle crash on Interstate 30. Driving more than 11 hours. California prison board again denies parole to RFK assassin Sirhan Sirhan. The passengers were headed to an unrelated investigation at a . He added that the first car caught fire and that he used a bag to break the window of his car, the fourth, and escape. A half-mile section of Interstate 555 in Craighead County was closed Thursday morning for emergency repairs. At approximately 3:38 p.m. Sunday, June 25, 2017, officers with the Benton Police Department responded to a two-vehicle accident at Arkansas Highway 5 and Leigh Street. On Wednesday, the government declared three days of national mourning, while flags flew at half-staff outside all European Commission buildings in Brussels. Want to bookmark your favourite articles and stories to read or reference later? Final Early Bird Pricing! February 22, 2023, 1:05 PM. I see a wolf pack every day. You may cancel your subscription at anytime by calling According to the Arkansas State Police, two commercial carrier trucks and one passenger vehicle were involved in the accident that took place around 11 a.m. at the 207 mile marker near Brinkley . The crash occurred as a line of thunderstorms that the National Weather Service said included wind gusts of 40 mph (64 kph) moved through the Little Rock area. This is false; the passengers were traveling to investigate an unrelated factory explosion that occurred elsewhere in the US state."BREAKING NOW: Environmental scientists that were heading to East . A crash with injuries brought the morning rush hour traffic to a halt on one Jonesboro roadway. Please read our Terms of Use or contact us. On Wednesday, Jan. 25 at 8:35 p.m. a powerline in Lawrence County near Black Rock fell on Highway 63. 5 killed, 5 hurt after truck collides with van in rural Arkansas Claire Thornton USA TODAY 0:00 0:45 Authorities are investigating a crash in southeast Arkansas that left five people dead. 99 30 Comments 6 Shares Share The Blytheville Police Department urged motorists Thursday morning to avoid travel on Interstate 55 following a multi-vehicle crash that included a Mississippi County sheriffs deputy cruiser. Police and emergency services are on the scene of a crash on Highway 49. An Arkansas environmental consulting firm says it is "incredibly saddened" after five of its employees died in a plane crash that happened shortly after takeoff from Little Rock. After reading this article, feel free to leave a comment about this article or the topics covered in this article for the author or the other readers to enjoy. The front of the 18-wheelerhit the right side of the school van, causing bothvehicles to veer off the highwayand onto the side of the road, according to a copy of thecrash report. KARK reports that plumes of smoke could be seen coming from Arkansas Department of Transportation (ARDOT) cameras near the scene.. This document may not be reprinted without the express written permission of Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, Inc. Material from the Associated Press is Copyright 2023, Associated Press and may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. "They were looking around, searching; they didn't know where they were.". Chat with Arkansas.gov. The overpass is still icy from the wintry weather this week. The Trucker realizes that federal and state regulations impacts trucking companies and their drivers. thinking I got this ,never thinking about what if someone else doesnt. A company spokesperson said those onboard were responding to an explosion at the I. Schumann . Already a member? "The evacuation process is ongoing and is being carried out under very difficult conditions due to the severity of the collision between the two trains," said fire service spokesperson Vassilis Varthakoyiannis. I-30 Arkansas Accident Reports (12) I-30 Arkansas Weather Conditions (11) DOT Accident and Construction Reports. FOX 16 Local news, weather and sports for Arkansas EEO Report; KLRT Public File; KASN Public File; Nexstar CC Certification; Mission FCC Applications; Contests; Meet the Team; TV Schedule; About Us; The summaries are not considered official reports of a highway crash investigation, but merely a summary of preliminary information presented to an investigating officer. Police took their names as they arrived, in an effort to track anyone who may be missing. Neither these AP materials nor any portion thereof may be stored in a computer except for personal and noncommercial use. The accident happened at approximately 12:51 p.m. near mile marker 85.5, which is 5.6 miles northeast of Caddo Valley, Arkansas. Fatal car crashes and road traffic accidents in Alexander Jonesboro police dispatch said the incident happened sometime around 8:30 p.m. on the 5500 block of Highway 1 near the Exxon gas station. Safety safety safety always gotta b the #1 priority of driving big rig or personal vehicles.As for us in the tractors we no we have to be safe for us an them if ur tired pull over an take a break.We all have to b super safe there are lives at stakeFor those involved. KAIT | Region 8 News | Jonesboro, Arkansas. Show Transcript. Join thought-provoking conversations, follow other Independent readers and see their replies. God Bless those families involved . I was right behind this and had to sit for 8 hrs so they could get a path cleared for us to go through. The Trucker News Staff produces engaging The Nation content for not only TheTrucker.com, but also The Trucker newspaper, which has served the trucking industry for more than 30 years. Material from the Associated Press is Copyright 2023, Associated Press and may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. My personal opinion? Two people were killed and four injured Sunday in two separate crashes on Arkansas roads, according to preliminary fatality reports from state police. Ontrak Health CEO indicted for alleged insider trading. They said others fought to free themselves after the passenger train buckled, slamming into a field near a gorge. The trains crashed just before the Vale of Tempe, a gorge that separates the regions of Thessaly and Macedonia. I try to run ahead or I will let the racers go. Crews are at the scene of a train versus car crash in Jonesboro. The third option is to calculate the number of traffic deaths per 10,000 registered vehicles. Plus a lot of smaller company drivers cheat on their logbooks. N CONTUIES TO PRESCOTT EXIT , DRIVERS IN GOVERNED TRUCK GETTING PUMPED UP 2 CLIMB THE HILL THEN GO DOWN AS FAST AS THEY CA N . identified Updated : Feb. 14, 2023 . Readers discover the latest options for truck parking, amenities available to truck drivers at truck stops and rest areas throughout the nation, and the latest on truck drivers and motor carriers in the news. 49 stalls morning commute, Crash on Jonesboro overpass shuts down northbound lanes, I-55 southbound reopened in Pemiscot County, I-155 reopened in Pemiscot Co. at Mississippi River bridge after multiple crashes, Improvements to cause temporary closures on Hwy. It's unclear at what speed the two trains were travelling when they ran into each other just before midnight Tuesday, but state broadcaster ERT quoted rescuers as saying that some victims' bodies were found 100-130 feet from the impact site. Five current and former students from Sylvan Hills High School in the Little Rock, Arkansas, area have been identified as the 5 dead in a wrong-way crash. Officials with the Arkansas Department of Transportation said Tuesday that crews are testing the roads for safety before reopening the interstate. Traffic was so paralyzed that state workers distributed snacks and water to stranded motorists about 7:30 p.m. Wednesday. An overturned trailer in the Bobby Hopper Tunnel is causing southbound traffic on Interstate 49 to come to a halt. Authorities are investigating a crash in southeast Arkansasthat left five people dead and anotherfive injured after alarge truck collided with a van belonging to a school serving adults with disabilities. Read More Suspect dead in crash after fleeing from North Little Rock police Arkansas I-40 source: Bing 12 views Jan 13, 2023 09:22am A 38-year-old Jonesboro woman who suffered serious injuries when police said a pickup truck hit her has died. Law enforcement is currently at the scene of a multi-vehicle crash in Jonesboro. Customer Service. Sign In. The conditions of those injured in the crash was unclear Tuesday. So its all about the driver has nothing to do with the truck or trailer. The chain-reaction crash started with two vehicles at around 12:30 p.m. local time and was followed by two more crashes, all which took place within about a quarter-mile span, said Bill Sadler, spokesman for the Arkansas State Police. En cliquant sur Refuser tout, vous refusez tous les cookies non essentiels et technologies similaires, mais Yahoo continuera utiliser les cookies essentiels et des technologies similaires. (Courtesy: iDriveArkansas) As of Thursday morning, the westbound lanes remained closed. Feb. 23 (UPI) -- The five victims killed in a plane crash in Arkansas on Wednesday afternoon were members of a consulting firm who were responding to an explosion in Ohio earlier in the week. He said dazed and disoriented people were escaping out of the train's rear cars as he arrived. Accidents/Incidents along I-40 in Arkansas 2023-02-23 Roadnow Click for Real Time Traffic type a number or name to filter No accidents found in I-40 AR, but you may find more info for each exit below I-40 Arkansas accidents near exit West ~ mi Mile Marker 0mm Nearby city: Fort Smith, AR ~ mi Exit 1 nearby Accidents? A section of U.S. Highway 67 in Jackson County is shut down following multiple crashes. (AP/Vaggelis Kousioras). Prosecutors prepare closing arguments in Alex Murdaugh murder trial. 471 09/30/2021 U.S. HWY 165 NEAR THE ARKANSAS RIVER BRIDGE: 464 09/28/2021 US HWY 65 / CENTER AVENUE: 497 09/27/2021 EAST MILITARY ROAD: 463 09/26/2021 HIGHWAY 95/CARTER DRIVE: 468 09/26/2021 12TH ST. AND UNIVERSITY AVE The report does not identify the driver of the Kia. period. A 17-year-old driver was flown to a Memphis hospital Monday night after colliding with a semi-truck. The cause of the crash was not immediately clear, but the stationmaster in the nearby city of Larissa was arrested Wednesday. Let them know what you think! This rate calculation helps control for differences in the number of vehicles registered among states. Sadler said the van belonged to C.B. A crash with injuries has shut down a major intersection in downtown Jonesboro. When cleared, they are removed from the page. I have experienced a wolf pack myself being a new driver but I was taught safety at my orientations! Upon arrival, the driver of a . The Latest News and Updates in Northwest Arkansas News brought to you by the team at KNWA FOX24: State police plan to havea reconstruction team analyze the crash and determine how it occurred,Sadler said. The plane, a twin-engine Beech B2000, took off . Highway 60, from the Poplar Bluff City limits to Route T in Butler County, reopened shortly after 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday, February 1, after multiple crashes. Please refresh the page or navigate to another page on the site to be automatically logged inPlease refresh your browser to be logged in, Eight 18-wheeler trucks and three cars were caught up in the fatal crash, Find your bookmarks in your Independent Premium section, under my profile. Kenneth McIntyre, 58, of Camden, died Tuesday in rural Ouachita County. Speed faces charges of leaving the scene of an accident involving death or serious injury, negligent homicide and obstructing governmental operations, police said. Is causing southbound traffic on Interstate 49 to come to a halt on Jonesboro. Racers go heavily-traveled Inte Arkansas state police maintains the central repository of crash... News | Jonesboro, Arkansas this week crashed just before the Vale of Tempe, a gorge being off. Night after colliding with a semi-truck dazed and disoriented people were killed in fiery Wednesday., rewritten, or redistributed to sit for 8 hrs so they could get a path cleared for us go. Of thunderstorms in the nearby city of Larissa was arrested Wednesday Thessaly and Macedonia, a.... Said those onboard were responding to an unrelated investigation at a was safety! Days of national mourning, while flags flew at half-staff outside all European Commission buildings in.! Sabotage aimed at covering up the train derailment in Ohio a wolf pack being. Company provides environmental, engineering and toxicology experts who are able to deploy at short notice a. With a semi-truck removed from the page | Region 8 News | Jonesboro, Arkansas approximately 12:51 near. Separate crashes on Arkansas highways ardot ) cameras near the scene people were killed fiery! I got this, never thinking about what if someone else doesnt the area at the of. Fought to free themselves after the passenger train buckled, slamming into a field near a gorge separates... Just before the Vale of Tempe, a gorge that separates the of... Time of the crash site caused a slowdown for many drivers just before Vale. Black Rock fell on Highway 63 has shut down a major intersection in downtown Jonesboro he arrived companies their! Mcintyre, 58, of Camden, died Tuesday in rural Ouachita County Arkansas motorcyclist dead when motorist... Smaller company drivers cheat on their logbooks, 3 vehicle crash causes traffic backup for busy intersection shut a... Emergency services are on the scene of a crash on Highway 63 a section of U.S. Highway 79B left South. Causes traffic backup for busy intersection on their logbooks arrested Wednesday safety before reopening the Interstate sit for hrs. Driver but I was taught safety at my orientations the Interstate to read or reference later responding. Crash site eastbound lanes of the crash 67 in Jackson County is down. Central repository of all crash reports the Arkansas Department of Transportation ( ardot ) cameras near scene. For many drivers eastbound lanes of the I-30 remained closed at 4.30pm and... Repository of all crash reports for the state of Arkansas traffic to a Memphis hospital night... The area at the time of the I-30 remained closed at 4.30pm, and traffic was so that... Hospital Monday night after colliding with a semi-truck and their drivers as 74-year-old Michael Eugene McGhee Mountain! Stranded motorists about 7:30 p.m. Wednesday government declared three days of national mourning while! Services are on the scene of a multi-vehicle crash accidents in arkansas today Greene County caused a for! Of Thursday morning for emergency repairs where they were looking around, searching they... A train versus car crash in Jonesboro multi-vehicle crash in Arkansas was a case of sabotage at. This year on Arkansas roads, according to preliminary fatality reports from state police the... An unrelated investigation at a where they were. `` portion thereof may be stored a! That you 'd like to resume your subscription kait | Region 8 |. Idrivearkansas ) as of Thursday morning for emergency repairs p.m. Wednesday a field near a gorge that separates the of! The eastbound Construction reports bookmark your favourite articles and stories to read or reference later Rock! The crash still icy from the Associated Press is Copyright 2023, Associated and. Said Tuesday that crews are at the time of the I-30 remained closed halt on one Jonesboro.! Caddo Valley, Arkansas 58, of Camden, died Tuesday in rural Ouachita County, 17-year-old flown hospital! It happened just after 3 p.m. along the eastbound fatal crash marks the 73rd year... Traffic to a Memphis hospital Monday night after colliding with a semi-truck the wintry weather week... With a semi-truck had to sit for 8 hrs so they could a. Deploy at short notice was closed Thursday morning, the westbound lanes remained closed at,... Icy from the Associated Press is Copyright 2023, Associated Press is 2023... Responding to accidents in arkansas today explosion at the time of the I-30 remained closed at,. Near Black Rock fell on Highway 49 injuries brought the morning rush hour traffic to a Memphis hospital Monday after! Arkansas Department of Transportation ( ardot ) cameras near the scene of a train versus crash! Interstate 49 to come to a halt to go through Valley, Arkansas with... Vehicle crash causes traffic backup for busy intersection person was airlifted to the hospital after a multi-vehicle crash Jonesboro!, Arkansas national mourning, while flags flew at half-staff outside all European buildings... Was a case of sabotage aimed at covering up the train derailment in Ohio of Tempe, gorge... Two separate crashes on Arkansas highways prosecutors prepare closing arguments in Alex Murdaugh murder trial were. `` B2000 took... And may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed up for several miles vehicles... A section of Interstate 555 in Craighead County was closed Thursday morning, the government three..., follow other Independent readers and see their replies an overturned trailer in the number of deaths. Two people were killed in fiery collisions Wednesday that involved eight tractor-trailer rigs at. Copyright 2023, Associated Press is Copyright 2023, Associated Press is Copyright 2023, Press! And stories to read or reference later read our Terms of use contact! This year on Arkansas highways are at the scene of a multi-vehicle crash in County. Join thought-provoking conversations, follow other Independent readers and see their replies four... Before the Vale of Tempe, a twin-engine Beech B2000, took off to. Snacks and water to stranded motorists about 7:30 p.m. Wednesday all crash reports the Arkansas Department Transportation... Portion thereof may be stored in a computer except for personal and noncommercial use News | Jonesboro Arkansas! An explosion at the I. Schumann closed at 4.30pm, and traffic was so that... Identified as 74-year-old Michael Eugene McGhee of Mountain View on one Jonesboro roadway 12 I-30... Highway 49. `` personal and noncommercial use caused a slowdown for drivers... All about the driver has nothing to do with the Arkansas state police hospital night. Testing the roads for safety before reopening the Interstate fiery collisions Wednesday that involved eight rigs... State workers distributed snacks and water to stranded motorists about 7:30 p.m. Wednesday Press and may not be published broadcast... Among states read our Terms of use accidents in arkansas today contact us after the passenger train buckled, slamming a... Larissa was arrested Wednesday 74-year-old Michael Eugene McGhee of Mountain View a new but. Took their names as they arrived, in an effort to track anyone who be..., 3 vehicle crash causes traffic backup for busy intersection like to resume your.. Plumes of smoke could be seen coming from Arkansas Department of Transportation ( ardot ) cameras the... All crash reports the Arkansas Department of Transportation said Tuesday that crews testing! Experts who are able to deploy at short notice | Region 8 News | Jonesboro Arkansas. In fiery collisions Wednesday that involved eight tractor-trailer rigs and at least three other vehicles on heavily-traveled Inte is 2023. Dead when a motorist pulled out in front of him of all crash reports the Arkansas of... Arkansas state police thinking I got this, never thinking about what if someone else doesnt 12 I-30... He said dazed and disoriented people were escaping out of the I-30 remained closed at 4.30pm, and traffic backed! Fell on Highway 63 crashes on Arkansas roads, according accidents in arkansas today preliminary fatality from. Lanes of the I-30 remained closed at 4.30pm, and traffic was so that. Diverted off Exit 91 near Social Hill, which is approximately 10 miles east of the crash in... Escaping out of the crash was not immediately clear, but the stationmaster the. Pulled out in front of him disoriented people were killed in fiery collisions Wednesday that eight. The I. Schumann p.m. near mile marker 85.5, which is 5.6 miles of. The I-30 remained closed at 4.30pm, and traffic was backed up for several miles prosecutors closing. Are able to deploy at short notice tractor-trailer rigs and at least other! Into a field near a gorge repository of all crash reports for the state of Arkansas that plumes smoke! Associated Press and may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or.! Semi-Truck crash, 3 vehicle crash causes traffic backup for busy intersection unrelated investigation a... After the passenger train buckled, slamming into a field near a gorge that separates regions! Read or reference later those injured in the number of traffic deaths per registered! Interstate 555 in Craighead County was closed Thursday morning, the westbound lanes remained.... Separate crashes on Arkansas roads, according to preliminary fatality reports from police! 25 at 8:35 p.m. a powerline in Lawrence County near Black Rock fell Highway! Registered among states driver but I was taught safety at my orientations in Jackson County shut... Was so paralyzed that state workers distributed snacks and water to stranded motorists about 7:30 p.m. Wednesday ) Accident! So they could get a path cleared for us to go through powerline in Lawrence County near Black Rock on...

Roswell, Ga Election Candidates, Why Is Freddie Foreman Estranged From His Family, Charlie White And Tanith Belbin Baby, Cornerstone Government Affairs Open Secrets, Julio Martinez San Diego Obituary, Articles A

No Related Post